This event has passed. See a brief summary and watch the complete video HERE.
WEBINAR: What’s Happening, What’s Next: COVID-19 Lessons and What School Leaders Need Now
Thursday April 9, 2020, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EST
Over the last several weeks, many school districts and charter school networks have successfully shifted to digital learning platforms while responding to an uncertain end-of-year calendar. At the same time, some students are experiencing little to no learning at all as schools struggle to provide adequate support.
Innovative school leaders are learning lessons about ways to support students during a public health crisis. Now, with an uncertain financial and public health outlook, we can take stock and start to think about what comes next for schools. What steps must school leaders take to ensure that all students, especially the most marginalized, are not adversely impacted by this pandemic?
Join Bellwether’s Andy Rotherham and four pivotal sector leaders to discuss what’s happening on the ground in American schools and what school leaders need now to meet this remarkable challenge.
- Daniel A. Domenech, Executive Director, American Association of School Administrators
- Eva Moskowitz, Founder & CEO, Success Academy Charter Schools
- Nina Rees, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Sonja Santelises, CEO, Baltimore City Public Schools
- Andy Rotherham, Co-Founder & Partner, Bellwether Education Partners (moderator)
Closed captioning will be provided.
Follow the conversation at #COVIDandSchools — and feel free to share the pre-registration link with any interested colleagues.