Digital Marketing Associate
Use your love of digital marketing, social media, writing, and design to help tell and elevate compelling stories!
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Associate to support Bellwether’s external relations efforts in implementing and tracking a broad array of marketing, communications, and fundraising activities that help position our expertise, insights, and products in a crowded field of consultants and policy think tanks. Although we prefer a candidate in our office in Washington, D.C., this role is flexible, enabling us to hire the best person for the role, regardless of geography.
About Bellwether Education Partners
Bellwether Education Partners is a national nonprofit focused on dramatically changing education and life outcomes for underserved children. We do this by helping education organizations accelerate their impact and by working to improve policy and practice.
Bellwether’s external relations work focuses on training and developing expertise on communications and development internally while creating public-facing materials that will resonate with different types of stakeholders, including policymakers, donors, advocacy organizations, and school leaders.
The Digital Marketing Associate will work closely with our external relations staff and Bellwether project managers to manage our daily content production needs, website updates, social media, and email and advertising programs while supporting funder research and efforts to track our impact. Occasionally, the associate will serve as a project manager and will support internal communications and client communications needs. The associate will have the opportunity to work across Bellwether practice areas to broaden their skills and perspectives, supporting our consultants and policy analysts in their dissemination needs.
In this position, you should expect to:
- Manage our social media accounts, email marketing program, and advertising efforts; this may include writing copy, developing graphics, and scheduling campaigns across platforms;
- Update the website with our latest publications and resources, ensuring that website copy is fresh and represents our capabilities and broad impact in the education sector;
- Track the impact and efficacy of our work, using social media, advertising, email, and website analytics to improve performance, grow our audience, drive traffic to relevant content, and tell the story of our work and our partners;
- Regularly provide updates to project managers and external relations colleagues with progress on field-facing outputs such as blog posts and op-eds;
- Support client projects related to communications and marketing;
- Collaborate with external vendors on website and graphic design needs;
- Assist with database management and funder and reporter research; and
- Draft op-ed pitches and conference proposals for mid- to senior-level leaders.
Bellwether is a good fit for professionals who possess strong personal drive and motivation as well as demonstrate exemplary professional behavior and values, and who are resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, and self-confident.
Excited? We are too. You should apply if you have:
- At least two years’ professional experience in a role with marketing, advertising, public relations, or digital communications responsibilities;
- Experience in education, nonprofit, and/or policy work;
- Strong writing skills with a knack for translating complex topics into simple, compelling terms for various audiences across different mediums;
- Demonstrated experience executing a paid media strategy across advertising platforms, like Facebook, Google, and Twitter;
- Familiarity with email management systems and experience building email newsletters and e-blasts;
- Demonstrated experience drafting copy for and/or managing social media accounts;
- An ability to determine an organization’s digital footprint and impact, with an uncanny ability to distill digital analytics, using tools like Google Analytics;
- Well-rounded interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to work effectively in team environments while building and maintaining relationships internally and with external stakeholders remotely; and
- Interest in a flexible working environment.
Bellwether Education Partners provides competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package that includes a performance bonus based on individual and firm success, health care coverage, and a 401(k) plan with an employer matching contribution policy.
What to Include in Your Application Materials
Use your application (a letter of interest, a current résumé or curriculum vitae, and a short writing sample of 1-3 pages) to show us how you have got the skills we’ve listed or why the skills you have are the ones we actually need.
Bellwether is committed to building a team that reflects the varied backgrounds and experiences of the students we seek to serve. It is important to us that you use your application materials to clearly surface ways in which your background and experiences align with Bellwether’s core values, including our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applications or inquiries about the position should be directed to Andy Rotherham via email@example.com. We’ll review applications as we receive them until the position is filled.
Bellwether Education Partners is committed to providing equal opportunities. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are not discriminated against on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.